As you can see from the photo, I'm almost finished knitting the cardigan. Problems so far:
1. My knitting is NOT to the gauge I figured out when I began (is it ever? - but that's a whole other topic), and because I foolishly decided this was going to be a steeked cardigan, I will have to add about 6" to the fronts after I finally make the fatal cut - that is if is don't chicken out and decide to reknit the whole thing. Frustrating. I've been percolating over the different ways to add these extra inches every time I swim. That is my thinking time, and most every design problem is solved during that alone time. This one has taken many, many days to figure out, but I am getting closer to it now.
2. Looks like I might run out of one of the colours because I used more of it in the body of the cardigan - so a reknit of part of the garment might have to occur anyway.
3. The sleeves have been reknit twice because I didn't like the way I had decided to do the increases.
Funny thing is that this is usually what occurs when I design a garment. I knit, tink, reknit, tink, reknit and voila - it finally emerges if the yarn holds up to all that ripping. So, don't be surprised if the finished garment is nothing like the photo I'm posting now. Happens all the time. Like my daughter has said to me in the past - "more knitting bang for the buck" - well she didn't use those exact words, but that is the gist of it.